A Soothing Countryside Experience
Mrs. Hitomi Sato is a woman who lives a life of self-sufficiency, surviving off the land. Using ingredients such as fresh river fish, mountainside flora, and self-cultivated soba noodles, her cooking is overflowing with knowledge of the land itself.
Try your hand at a bit of farming, or perhaps take a stroll around the soba field; there’s plenty to experience depending on the season. If only for a little while, you can escape from the stresses of normal life and come to spend some time with Grandma Hitomi. Why not give it a try? While you are away a few hours in the Japanese countryside with some all-natural, homemade cooking that sure will be a soothing experience for you.
from ¥4,800 JPY (tax-included)
4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: Japanese
Reservation for Hitomi’s Workshop
Please fill in the reservation request form below and press the submit button.
*Even if you send the reservation form, the reservation is not confirmed yet. We will inform you of the decided date and time by the staff in charge within 3 business days.
*If you do not hear from us even after 3 days or more after sending the reservation request form, first please check your email junk/spam folder, alternatively please contact us :
- Inclusions & Exclusions:
- 4 to 5 traditional homemade dishes included some made from the homemade cooking workshop and some from Mrs. Hitomi.
- Depending on the season, some farming activities like picking up fresh vegetables straight from the field, some walks around soba field, etc.
- Japanese-style apron (adults only)
- kids apron
- If requested, for the cost of ¥500 you can rent rain boots for adults as well as for kids to use at the field activities.
- Bug repellent spray
- Licensed Guide half day ¥15,000 ,one day ¥30,000 both per group, tax-included. Available in english and Mandarin.
- Departure & Return:
- 9:30 am Homemade Cooking Workshop
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 13:30 pm Ending
- Payment Info:
- Participation fee: ¥4,800 tax-included (per adult).
- Participation Fee for children under 5 is free of charge but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Participation Fee for children from 6 to under 16 years will be count as an adult.
- The payment methods are in cash or by credit card, on the workshop day straight to the staff in charge.
- Additional Info:
- Reservations must be with at least a week in advance.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- If you have any allergies and/or dietary restrictions please inform us when you make your reservation.
- Cancellation Policy:
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.