At the APPI Ski Resort, a portion of the forests in the Nishimori Courses and Sailor Courses have been opened as tree-run zones.
After filling out the entry forms, enter the specified gate and enjoy APPI’s great powder!Enjoy six unique courses.
1. Attack (approximately 900 m, 30 ha)
2. Bravo (approx. 250 m, 3 ha)
3. Cruise1 (approx. 600 m, 10 ha)
4. Cruise2 (approx. 200 m, 4 ha)
5. Dragon tail (approx. 1000 m, 16 ha)
6. Explore (NEW approx. 2 ha)
adult: 100,000 yen (tax included) Reference: 2020 seasonal rates
- Those eligible:
- Advanced skiers and snowboarders
- Please visit and check the official website. (Japanese only). https://www.appi.co.jp/tree_run_zone
- Payment method:
- Cash / VISA / Mastercard / American Express
- Please follow all of the local rules and only enter the tree runs after filling out the appropriate form for each tree run in APPI.
Registration prior to entry is required.
- The Tree Run Entry Corner is on the first floor of the APPI Plaza building.
- Each person going into a tree run zone needs to fill out the entry form by themselves.
- Each person that fills out the form will receive an arm band.
- Please fill out the entry form with your armband number and other information and post it in the entry box.
- Put on the arm band so that the number is clearly visible and then your entry is complete.
The arm band must be returned after you have finished using it.
- After exiting the Tree Run Zone, please put your arm band in the return box provided in the entry corner.
2019-2020 season Tree Run Zone Safety RulesIf you are unable to follow the following local rules, you will be denied access to the Tree Run Zone.
- The tree run zone (the zone) is open during the following hours, and is for advanced skiers and snowboards only.
- However, if the patrol deems it dangerous, or if there is a change in the lift operation, zone times may be reduced or entry may be forbidden.
- Attack Bravo Cruise1 Cruise2 Dragontail Explore
- Open after safety check after safety check after safety check after safety check after safety check
- Close 2:00 p.m. 3:30 p.m. 3:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m. 3:30 p.m.
- When you enter the zone, always keep your helmet on.
- Before entering the zones, fill out the rules and agreement form in the first floor of the APPI Plaza, and keep your arm band on you at all times.
- Also, return the arm band to the appropriate location after you have finished.
- The zone is a special area where you are solely responsible for your own safety. There is no patrol at closing time, so please refrain from going alone.
- The borders of the zone are marked with pink tape and warning signs, so please do not cross these boundaries.
- There are informational signs in the zones, so please follow the information shown.
- Please enter the zone only through the designated entrance gate, and take care not to follow too closely behind others to avoid collisions.
- When merging back into the normal ski area, yield to others and stop if necessary to avoid danger or collisions.
- In the zones the risks from trees, terrain features, and snow conditions are much higher than in other areas, so please take care and be aware that you are solely responsible for your own safety.
- The ski resort is not in any way responsible for any injuries or accidents that take place in the zones.
- The patrol may close the zones if they deem it dangerous based on snowfall, fog, fallen trees, icy slopes, or other reasons, and then the gates will be closed.
- Skiing in the zones after they have been closed will be treated in the same manner as skiing in forbidden areas, and lift passes will be confiscated.
- If you require rescue from the zone or other areas that are outside the ski area or otherwise off limits, even during normal operation hours, you will be charged a rescue fee.
- A rescue fee will also be charged in the event of police or fire department rescue assistance.
- Meeting Place:
- APPI Plaza 1F (APPI SKI Resort, Hachimantai, Iwate)
- Articles included:
- Sales tax
- Rescue equipment fee
- Not included:
- Transportation to your hotel