The Appi area of Hachimantai has some of the most and best powder snow in all of Japan – Japow Hachimantai. Join a backcountry tour with an experienced local mountain guide that lives and breathes these mountains. If you want to experience the varied terrain, stunning scenery, and world-class powder of Japan – this is the best plan for you! No standing in line for a lift- go with a season professional guide to some of the best spots to enjoy fresh turns! The mountains await!
¥6,500 – 16,000 JPY (tax-included)
Offered in: Japanese, with a little English.
Reservation for this Tour
Please fill in the reservation request form below and press the submit button.
*Even if you send the reservation form, the reservation is not confirmed yet. We will inform you of the decision date and time by the staff in charge within 3 business days.
*If you do not hear from us even after 3 days or more after sending the reservation request form, first please check your email junk/spam folder, alternatively please contact us :
- Tour Availability:
- From December 26, 2020 to February 28, 2021
- Reservations must be made at least 7 days in advance. Reservations can be made via phone, or via this form (currently only available in Japanese), submitted online. Reservation inquiries can also be directed to the contact information on this site.
- Minimum Group Size:
- 1 person
- Included in Price:
- Consumption Tax
- Guide Fee
- Lift Tickets
- Morning Block: 9:00 - 11:30
- Afternoon Block: 13:00 - 15:30
- 8:45 - Meetup
- 9:00 - Introductions, Gear Prep, Tour start Check individual experience levels in Central Quad Tour begins with a gondola or lift ride, headed for Nishimori or Second.
- 11:00 - Return to Nature School
- 11:30 - Morning Block ends, lunch break
- 12:45 - Meetup for Afternoon Block
- 13:00 - Afternoon Block begins
- 15:15 - Return to Nature School
- 15:30 - Afternoon Block ends
- Returns to original departure point
- What to Bring:
- Mountain Skis / Telemark Skis / Snowboard (we recommend a powder board)
- Touring Pole (Extending type for powder snow)
- Bag/rucksack required (rentals available)
- Water & Trail rations
- ※Skis should have sealing applied.
- ※Snowboards must be used with snowshoes
- Other Notes:
- Good for those experienced with backcountry.
- There are people in the group that can speak Japanese and English.
- The tour will move as a group, so we ask that you follow the guide's instructions.
- Participants should be experienced with stopping and speed control on a variety of snow types, as well as righting themselves from a fall even in deep snow.
- Anyone with relevant past illnesses or injuries should let us know of such in detail.
- The difficulty of the entire activity will be matched to suit the different skill levels within the group.
- A participant who is deemed too inexperienced will be asked to leave the group for their own safety (there will not be a refund).
- Appi Backcountry Tours refuses responsibility for any accidents that occur due to lack of caution on the participant's part (there will also be no refund).
- If there is any concern that you've caught a cold or illness, we ask that you excuse yourself from participating.
- Damage or loss of rental gear will be reimbursed.
- Please be punctual with respect to the meeting time.
- This program goes outside of our maintained region; as such, we ask that you understand that there may be unpredictable dangers.
- All participants should check that their insurance covers mountaineering, or be entered in a relevant hiking insurance plan well before participating.
- Cancellation Policy:
- 7-2 days before: 30%
- Day before: 40%
- Same day: 100%
- Participant Conditions:
- Only those comfortable with traversing uncompressed snow, and winter hiking should apply.
- Please understand that the slopes are not the same as the backcountry reserve.