This post is also available in: 日本語
Hike out to see a frozen waterfall (Nanataki Falls) along the Nanataki route up Mt. Iwate (2,038 meters), which is one of the 100 famous mountains of Japan.
Nanataki Falls has a height of 25 meters. It is frozen from late January through February, and the enormous size and shape it takes on is really a wonder to behold.
To get to the falls, you’ll start with a ride on the Hachimantai Resort Panorama Ski Area Lift. From the top, you’ll put on snowshoes and walk into the forest.
It takes about 3.5 hours round rip. It’s a great opportunity to try out snowshoeing even if you’ve never done it before, and even novices will find this to be a really enjoyable experience.
A professional mountaineering guide will lead the tour, so it is completely safe.
Don’t miss the chance to experience the mysterious forms nature can take on here.
7,000 yen (tax included)
Offered in: Japanese, with a little English.
Reservation for these Tours
Please fill in the reservation request form below and press the submit button.
*Even if you send the reservation form, the reservation is not confirmed yet. We will inform you of the decision date and time by the staff in charge within 2 business days.
*If you do not hear from us even after 2 days or more after sending the reservation request form, first please check your email junk/spam folder, alternatively please contact us :
- 7,000 yen (Reference: 2021 seasonal rates)
- Optional add-ons:
- Rental boots: 500 yen per day
- Ski jacket and pants 3,600 yen/5 hours
- Activity Date:
- January 16 - March 7, 2021
- No. of persons per group:
- 2 or more people
- Up to 10 people
- Average time:
- About 3.5 hours
- Departure and ending location:
- Hachimantai Resort Snow Academy (School)
- Departure time: 8:45 a.m.
- Activity concludes after returning to the starting location
- Activity ends at 12:30 p.m.
- Nanataki Falls
- Articles included:
- Sales tax
- Snow shoes and ski stock rental
- Lift tickets
- Not included:
- Transportation to your hotel
- Reservation Requirement:
- Reservation required in advance (at least 7 days in advance)
- Contract details:
- Depending on availability, you will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of booking
- Maximum 10 people per reservation. (Please inquire regarding a booking for more than 10 people.)
- Clothing/Footwear: Please bring a hat, outer jacket, gloves, and trekking shoes or boots
- Please wear warm clothes.
- A mountaineering guide certified by the Japan Mountain Guide Association will guide you.
- English support:
- Basic conversational level English support available
- Nearby access point:
- There is a bus stop at the Hachimantai Mountain Hotel
- Important points:
- We will do our best to carry out this service, but it may be cancelled or the schedule might change due to natural disasters, weather, or traffic problems
- We are not liable for any damages caused by the following reasons:
- When the customer does not follow the instructions and guidance of the operator accompanying the service while using the service. 2) Changes and cancellation of this service schedule caused by natural disasters, wars, riots, government orders, etc. 3) Loss or theft of money, goods, etc. by other customers 4) Customer cancellation of this service due to natural disasters, weather, traffic problems, etc. 5) Reasons based on your own intention or negligence 6) Non-participation in trips due to delays in meeting and departure locations. 7) Change in the schedule that occurs because the number of participants is less than the minimum number of participants. 8) Other damages for which no gross negligence is recognized by our company.
- Cancellation policy:
- Cancellation by the customer will result in a cancellation fee. Cancellation on the same day results in a 50% fee, a no show will result in a 100% fee.
- Affiliated Reservation sites:
- Hachimantai Mountain Hotel Nature Guide Station