The Nanataki Falls on the Yakekirisawa River that flows down from Mt. Iwate freezes completely during the winter. The frozen waterfall is about 25 or 30 meters high, and is definitely worth seeing! This tour is an easy snowshoeing course that doesn’t require much climbing and is perfect for beginners.
Warm coat, snow pants, snowshoe rental, and a lunchbox is included.
You’ll take a bus to the trailhead. Please try this tour.
Distance: about 6 km, walking time: 180 minutes, altitude: 250 meters
adult: 12,000 yen (10 years and over) (tax included)
5.5 hours (Approx.)
- 12,000 yen (Reference: 2020 seasonal rates)
- On-site payment methods:
- Cash only
- Activity Date:
- Early February - early March
- No. of persons per group:
- 3 or more people
- Up to 24 people
- Age requirement:
- For 10 years old and over
- Average time:
- About 5.5 hours
- Nanataki Trailhead - Nanataki Falls - Birdwatching hut (Lunch) - Nanataki Trailhead
- Return to the starting point and leave:
- Departure and ending location:
- APPI Nature School (APPI Grand Hotel Honkan 1F, Appi Kogen, Hachimantai, Iwate
- Meeting time: 8:45 a.m.
- Departure time: 9:00 a.m.
- Activity ends at 2:30 p.m.
- Articles included:
- Sales tax
- Guide cost
- Air-conditioned vehicle (From the hotel to the Nanataki trailhead)
- Rental items (Ski coat, snow pants, Snowshoes)
- NOT INCLUDED:
- Transportation to your hotel
- Backpack, drinks, food, gloves, hat, goggles or sunglasses
- Important point:
- Every effort will be made to perform this service, but it may be suspended or the times and dates may be changed due to natural disasters, weather, traffic obstacles, and other circumstances.
- We shall not be liable for any damages caused by the following reasons:
- The customer fails to comply with the instructions and guidance of the operator accompanying the service while the service is taking place.
- Natural disasters, war, riots, or changes and suspension of the service schedule caused by the order of an official office for these reasons
- Loss or theft of any money or goods that you have
- Suspension of the service due to the circumstances of natural disasters, weather, traffic disturbance, etc. or changes in the scheduled date or time
- Incidents based on intention or negligence of the customer
- Non-participation based on failure to appear or delayed appearance at the meeting point or dispersal location.
- Schedule changes due to the number of participants not meeting the minimum number of participants for the activity
- Other damages which are not caused by negligence on the company's part
- Inquiries / Reservations:
- APPI Kogen Appi Nature School: https://www.appi.co.jp/activity/nanatakihyobaku-snowshoe-tours/ (Japanese)