A tour exploring the beautiful Hachimantai Matsuo Apartment Ruins. The Matsuo mine was first opened during the Meiji Period, and for a time produced more sulfur than any other mine in Asia. Now 13 apartment buildings where employees lived remain. They have largely been taken back by nature, and trees can be seen growing out of open air windows. Listen to stories about the history of the mine and the reasons for its abandonment. Enjoy this mysterious scenery that could easily be the set of a post-apocalyptic movie. Take a glimpse at what the world would quickly look like if humans were to disappear. From there, we’ll take a short walk to a beautiful volcanic pond, Goshiki-numa, the color of which varies with the season. This pond stands next to another beautiful lake, Gozaisho, so you can compare the striking color of the water with that of a pond lacking volcanic minerals.
Adult: 22,000 yen for up to 10 people
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: Japanese, with a little English.
Reservation for these Tours
Please fill in the reservation request form below and press the submit button.
*Even if you send the reservation form, the reservation is not confirmed yet. We will inform you of the decision date and time by the staff in charge within 2 business days.
*If you do not hear from us even after 2 days or more after sending the reservation request form, first please check your email junk/spam folder, alternatively please contact us :
- Adult: 22,000 for up to 10 people
- Payment method: Cash payment in person
- Activity Date:
- April - November
- No. of persons per group:
- 2 or more people
- Up to 10 people
- Average time:
- About 2 hours
- Departure and ending location:
- Matsuo Mine Apartments Bus Stop
- Matsuo Mine Apartment Ruins
- Goshiki-numa Pond
- Articles included:
- Sales tax
- Not included:
- Transportation to the hotel
- Age requirement:
- 3 years and older
- Contract details:
- Depending on availability, you will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of booking
- Maximum 10 people per reservation. (Please inquire regarding a booking for more than 10 people.)
- English support:
- Basic conversational level English support available
- Important points:
- We will do our best to carry out this service, but it may be cancelled or the schedule might change due to natural disasters, weather, or traffic problems
- We are not liable for any damages caused by the following reasons:
- When the customer does not follow the instructions and guidance of the operator accompanying the service while using the service.
- Changes and cancellation of this service schedule caused by natural disasters, wars, riots, government orders, etc.
- Loss or theft of money, goods, etc. by other customers
- Customer cancellation of this service due to natural disasters, weather, traffic problems, etc.
- Reasons based on your own intention or negligence
- Non-participation in trips due to delays in meeting and departure locations.
- Change in the schedule that occurs because the number of participants is less than the minimum number of participants.
- Other damages for which no gross negligence is recognized by our company.