Offered in: Japanese
Located right in Hachimantai’s Sakura Park, the Visitor Center offers plenty of information about the city, as well as nearby mountains such as Mount Hachimantai and Mount Iwate. It also offers insect and alpine plant exhibits, and a high-definition video theater. The Matsuo-Hachimantai Aspite Produce Store located right next door sells locally grown natural food products.
Route #1 Bus from JR Morioka Station
- Outside Morioka Station’s east exit, ride the bus headed for “Matsukawa Hot Spring” from boarding area #3 (Iwate Kenpoku Bus – 1hr 13min)
- Get off at the “Kashiwadai” bus stop, walk for about 8 minutes (~700m)
- Seasonal Bus (Sansaku Bus)
- Outside Morioka Station’s east exit, board the bus from boarding area #3 (Sansaku Bus – 40min)
- Get off at the “Hachimantai Sakura Kouen (Hachimantai City Sakura Park) (Matsuo-Hachimantai Visitor Center)” bus stop
Route #2 Access by Car
Travel ~6.5km from the Matsuo-Hachimantai IC on the Tohoku Expressway
- 9:00 – 17:00
- Closed every Tuesday from January to March.
- Closed from December 29th to January 3rd.