Bus Service to Hachimantai
Enjoying Scenic Views of Nature and Local Life.
If you are starting your trip from Tokyo, you can take a remarkably comfortable 2.5 hours bullet train ride to Morioka city which is located in the center of Iwate prefecture and the starting point for local bus service to Hachimantai.
Two different bus services are available at Morioka station bound for Hachimantai:
1. Regular bus service which runs daily seven days a week.
2. Seasonal bus service, known as “Sansaku Bus”, which is operated from May to the end of October.
The seasonal bus called Sansaku Bus is highly recommended if you want to visit the famous “Dragon Eye” and the local’s favorite hot springs such as Toshichi-Onsen and Matsukawa-Onsen because of its nonstop easy access.
- Access to Buses at Morioka Station
- Regular Transportation(Timetable for Regular Bus Service)
- The timetable for Seasonal Bus Service(This service in 2018 is already closed.)
A direct shuttle bus service called “Hachimantai Night Shuttle Bus” is also convenient for Izakaya hunting and shopping. This is operated between Appi Ski Resort Area and downtown Hachimantai, Obuke station which works only at wintertime.
- Timetable and Fees for Hachimantai Night Shuttle Bus(Getting ready for 2019)